Install Tehama Client on Linux
Instructions are for: the Linux Tehama Client version 20.10.1
Downloaded from: the Tehama Web UI, Release 181+
Supported Linux versions: Ubuntu Linux 18.04
Note: These instructions have been tested on and optimized for the Google Chrome browser for the Ubuntu 18.04 Linux desktop environment. An exception is the Plasma KDE desktop environment; there is a known bug when running Google Chrome browser in this environment that prevents the use of the Tehama Web UI's single-click CONNECT experience. When running these instructions on a Plasma KDE desktop environment, use the Firefox browser.
- Log in to the Tehama Web UI.
- Go to the DESKTOPS page.
- Click on the INSTALL CLIENT button in the top right of the page. This page provides you with information about the Tehama Client.
- Click on the Linux symbol.
- Wait for the tehama-pcoip-client.deb file to be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
- If you have a previous installation of the Tehama client, open a terminal and remove it as follows (to ensure a clean installation of the new client): prompt> sudo apt remove tehama-pcoip-client
- Install the new client from a terminal:
- Open a Terminal.
- Go to your Downloads folder: prompt> cd ~/Downloads
- Run the following command: prompt> sudo apt install ./tehama-pcoip-client.deb
Note: If a process has dpkg locked, the tehama-pcoip-client.deb file will not install. Please ensure all system updates are complete and dpkg is not running. To check if dpkg is running, run the following command: prompt> ps -ef | grep dpkg
If dpkg is running, wait for the system updates to complete or kill the process before continuing with your install of tehama-pcoip-client.deb.
- Wait until you see the Software License Agreement: "Do you Accept? [Y/n]
- Enter Y/y to accept and continue the installation. (Enter n/N to abort the installation.)
When the installation is complete, you will see a success message.
- Back at the Tehama Web UI, you can try to connect to your desktop with one-click by clicking on the CONNECT button.
- Now your desktop should launch.