New & Improved
- Significant improvements to the desktop connection process. These changes introduce a new, multi-step modal that provides better awareness of the desktop launch status (preparing the desktop, launching the desktop), and also increases the reliability of connecting to a desktop in a single click.
- An updated version of the Tehama client (21.01.0) for Windows and Linux devices , which is used to launch a desktop (Mac devices can continue to use the existing client version at this time). Access the updated client through the “Install Client” button on the Desktops page in the web interface. Installing this version of the client will ensure best compatibility.
- A new message on Legacy Linux and Windows 7 desktops to advise of the upcoming End of Life date for these desktop types (March 31st, 2021).
- Improvements to the reporting of desktop status in the web interface (Available, Building, Restarting)
- Removal of various links, such as the desktop template name, as access points to launch a desktop. Now, a desktop can only be launched through the “Connect” button, or through the option to use the AWS client in the Actions menu.