(4) Connect to Your Tehama Virtual Desktop for End-users
This is the fourth of the four onboarding steps for Tehama end-users.
This step tells you how to connect to your Tehama virtual desktop.
Steps to connect
From your physical computer, the one you installed the Tehama Client on:
- Log in to your corporate Tehama Portal (on one of the supported browsers).
- Click on the DESKTOPS tab in the navigation bar. You will see the DESKTOPS page.
- Locate the desktop you wish to connect to in the list of desktops on the page.
Most end-users will have just one desktop assigned to them. If you have more than one and are uncertain of the purpose of each, talk to your employer.
- Click on the CONNECT button for your desktop. The PREPARING YOUR DESKTOP dialog will appear. Your desktop is waking up and getting ready to be launched.
NOTE:, if your desktop's Tehama Room has a policy assigned to it, you will be asked to accept it, if you have not done so already. Click on the name of the Room in the desktop's entry and click on the I ACCEPT button. Then return to the DESKTOPS page and start connecting again.
- Wait until the LAUNCHING YOUR DESKTOP dialog appears.
At this point, your desktop is launching, through the Tehama Client on your device. This may take a number of minutes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your browser may block the Tehama Client pop-up, and it will not be able to launch your desktop. Unblock the pop-up in your browser in order to continue. See Allow the Tehama Client pop-up in your browser for more details.
- Wait until your virtual desktop interface appears.
You will be automatically logged in to your virtual desktop with secure temporary credentials created by Tehama just for this desktop session. The interface to your virtual desktop is displayed to you by the Tehama Client.
Welcome to your first Tehama virtual desktop session!
Your first desktop session
You are now logged in to your first Tehama virtual desktop session.
For the first few minutes of your session, your desktop is busy behind the scenes establishing a link with the Tehama Room your employer set up in Tehama to provide the resources and the access that you need to your company’s private network and/or the internet. (See Rooms User Guide for more information about Tehama Rooms.)
Once this link is established, your virtual desktop should be good-to-go.
You can find troubleshooting tips for the end-user onboarding process here:
Special Instructions (Allow Pop-up)
Allow the Tehama Client pop-up in your browser
If you attempt to connect to your Desktop using a browser that does not allow the Tehama Client pop-up, then the browser will block the Tehama Client pop-up, and it will not be able to launch.
In some browsers, it is obvious when a pop-up is being blocked. In others, it is less obvious. For example:
- In Firefox, a banner will appear at the top of the page stating that Firefox prevented the site from opening the pop-up. Click on the "Options" button on the banner to view your pop-up options, then allow the pop-up.
- In Google Chrome, the indication that a pop-up is being blocked is a small icon with a red X that appears in the browser's address bar. Click on that icon to allow pop-ups.
Once your have allowed the pop-up, it will not be blocked again in this browser, unless you change the browser's pop-up blocking settings.
In general, you need to configure your browser to unblock pop-ups from
where "your-tehama-org-subdomain" is the subdomain of your Tehama organization.Can't remember your Tehama organization subdomain?
- Go to https://app.tehama.io/ and click on Can't remember your Organization's URL?
- Enter your email and click on SUBMIT. Your organization's login URL will be emailed to you. The subdomain is the part of the URL before "tehama.io".