Release March 8th 2022
New & Improved
- AWS Workspace end-of-life:
- As of March 1, 2022, we have begun the initial steps toward retiring AWS Workspaces and removing it as an option when creating a Windows desktop template. Instead, Tehama Windows desktop templates can be used.
- At this time, the following changes have been made:
- Newly-created Standard rooms no longer have the option to create AWS Workspace templates or desktops.
- The “Request Image” function to request a custom image from an existing AWS Workspace desktop is no longer available.
- As we move toward retiring AWS Workspaces, we are excited to shift our focus over to supporting and evolving Tehama Windows desktops. We will continue to improve the platform to include the ability to support new regions and capabilities.
- For more information, see our February 10, 2022 Announcement.
- The Desktop Sessions by Organization report has been improved to provide more comprehensive information about users, usage, and desktops:
- User count has been added.
- The report has been limited to Active organizations only and the Status column has been removed.
- The content of the report now represents combined values for the selected organization and all 3rd party organizations connected to that organization.
- Added an error dialog, which will be displayed in the event that an AWS Workspace desktop template cannot successfully be created (for example: if the infrastructure is in a state where creation may temporarily be disrupted). This dialog will provide guidance to try again or consider creating a Tehama Desktop template instead.
- Adjusted the TCU Usage report CSV export to no longer include leading spaces for certain text fields.