What is Covered
The Tehama product is intended to be self-serve, allowing members of your organization to perform all activities necessary for you to successfully leverage the platform.
Tehama Support provides assistance with “How-to”, questions, and confirming the correct functioning (according to spec/documentation) of Tehama product functionality, including:
- The Web Interface and features available within it
- The Workspace Agent and functionality delivered through it
- The availability of Desktops and their out-of-the-box performance (in accordance with your chosen specifications)
- The Tehama Gateway installation and connectivity
- The Tehama Client bundle installation, functionality, and PCoIP settings
- Tehama Desktops Intelligence and Automation
- Agent installation/removal
- General usage of the administrative interface
Tehama supports installation or integration of Tehama components such as the Gateway on your infrastructure, assuming documented minimum requirements are met. As Tehama may have limited visibility on customer infrastructure, some activities may require you to provide the necessary resources and skill sets from within their own organization to troubleshoot issues.
What is Not Covered
Tehama does not provide support for the following:
- Configuration and usage of a user’s local device, including usage of external hardware
- Use of desktop Clients not distributed by Tehama, such as Teradici PCOIP clients distributed directly by Teradici
- Installation, configuration and usage of 3rd-party software applications
- Modifying settings in the Room Directory (beyond ensuring you have access)
- Providing Custom Scripts for Tehama Desktops Intelligence and Automation
- Running an alternative/not provided OS or desktop environment on a Tehama Desktop
In order to diagnose reported issues, Tehama Support may require that software packages be removed from Tehama Desktops, DIA scripts be disabled, or other custom configurations like Group Policy changes be reverted prior to troubleshooting. This will allow Tehama support to isolate the issue and confirm if it is related to supported product functionality.
You are responsible for ensuring that the software and hardware you use and provide to end users is compatible with the Tehama platform.
- Providing a physical device that is capable of installing and running a supported version of the Tehama Client
- Providing an appropriate/supported host for the Gateway
- Providing users with applications that are compatible with the operating systems provided on Tehama Desktops
Review our System Requirements.
Desktop Specifications & 3rd-Party Applications
You decide which virtual desktop specifications to provide to your users. This decision must take into consideration the needs of your users’ workloads, the type and number of applications they need to use to do their work, and resource consumption by other desktop operations such as Operating System Updates. Note that the Tehama Workspace Agent consumes a small portion of available system resources, including CPU and memory. For optimal user experience, we advise that you create Tehama desktops which meet (or exceed) the “Recommended” system requirements for your applications, rather than the bare minimum.