Sometimes when you login to your desktop for the first time, you might have some challenges preventing the installation of applications on your desktop.
These challenges might be as a result of the configuration of your desktop by your Administrator.
To resolve this issue, some changes have to be made to the group policy of your desktop.
Your desktop must have Admin rights enabled before going ahead with this.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Login to the system
- Click Start > Run
- Type in gpedit.msc and press enter
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, expand Computer Configuration on the left hand side
- In the expanded Computer Configuration, click on Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Installer
- On the right hand pane of the edit policy setting, Turn off Windows Installer
- On the Turn Off Windows Installer setting box, click Enabled
- Under Options > Disable Windows Installer - Click on the drop-down and select Never
- Click Apply and OK
Once this is done, you can go ahead and install your application.