Release April 28th 2022
New Features & Functionality
- Custom Image management (Tehama Desktops):
- Delete function: to facilitate custom image management, it is now possible to delete a custom image, removing it as an option and ensuring that it cannot be used when creating new templates or desktops. When a custom image has been deleted, existing templates and desktops referencing that custom image will remain, and the custom image will be marked as “Deleted” on the Images table. Once there are no longer any templates or desktops referencing that custom image, it will be removed from the UI.
- An action menu has been added to the Images table, for quick access to custom image management functions, such as View, Edit, and Delete.
- A Templates section has been added to the Image Profile Page, to easily establish image-template association. This table lists all templates referencing the custom image, the number of desktops created from each, room name, and creation date.
- For more information, see the Custom Images User Guide.
- Custom Roles and Permissions:
- This feature was designed around the concept of least privilege access: assigning users only the necessary permissions to complete their work and nothing more. Custom roles can add specific capabilities to the default Staff role in order to provide users with only the capabilities they need to perform their duties.
- Our Custom Roles and Permissions feature is now generally available, and can be enabled by an Org Admin visiting the Roles page (Organization>Roles) and clicking the “Create Role” button.
- Leading up to launch, improvements have been made to the role assignment function, the custom role creation flow, and permission set labeling. These improvements aim to ensure that the role creation and assignment process is clear and efficient.
- For more information, see the Custom Roles and Permissions User Guide.
- A new Tehama Client version 2.2.1 for macOS is available to download from the “Install Client” page. In addition to Monterey, this version is compatible with past versions of macOS, like Big Sur and Catalina.
- Domain Join room creation request:
- To ensure that our team is available to set organizations up for success when creating Domain Join rooms, we have disabled Domain Join room creation by default and provided a link in the room creation flow to submit a request for support.
- Upon receiving a request, our team will enable the feature and collaborate to ensure successful room creation.
- For more information, see the Domain Join User Guide.
- Activity Stream improvements:
- The Filters section of the Activity Stream is now expanded by default, to encourage leveraging filters to drill down into information for the purposes of auditing.
- In addition, the default time frame has been set to “Last 30 Days”.
- These changes aim to improve the performance of navigating information in the Activity Stream.
- Role allocation visibility:
- A Roles table at Organization>Roles is now accessible to Org Admin and Org Manager roles. This table shows a list of assigned roles in the organization and number of users assigned to each role, including custom roles where applicable, providing an at-a-glance understanding of role allocation.