Roles User Guide
The Tehama platform currently defines four roles: Admin, Org Manager, Room Manager and Staff.
General Role Information
This section explains what the various roles can do with respect to their own organization.
The following table provides a brief overview of the four roles in Tehama:
|Admin||Org Managers||Room Managers||Staff|
|Has full access||Have full access with some exceptions, including visibility of organization usage and webhook administration||Has access only to Rooms of which they are a member||Can access Rooms they've been added to and approved to access|
|Has full management capabilities||Are able to manage their own organization and add, edit, remove teams, team members and policies but cannot delete the organization||Are able to manage Rooms of which they are a member||Can edit their own profile, and can access Rooms they've been added to and approved to access|
|Receives all approval notifications for Rooms and Room membership||Receives all approval notifications for Rooms and Room membership||Receives all approval notifications for Rooms and Room member ship for Rooms of which they are a member|
Note that there is only one Admin per organization, known as the 'organization owner', but the Admin can transfer their role to another member of their organization by selecting another member and making them an Admin.
Roles and their permissions vis-a-vis Room management
This section is a bit more complicated and applies to Admins, Org Managers and Room Managers.
Note that people with the Staff role have no permissions with respect to Room management.
The roles and permissions of Admins, Org Managers and Room Managers change for Rooms depending on whether their organization is:
- Owner+Connected: Their organization created the Room (i.e.: they are paying for it) and connected it (i.e.: they configured the network access for the Room). (Their organization will have both the icon and the icon under its name in the Room's MEMBERS tab.)
- User-only: Their organization has been added to a Room that another organization is paying for and has connected.
- User+Owner: They've created and are paying for a Room, but it's connected to another organization. (Their organization will have the icon under its name in the Room's MEMBERS tab.)
- Connected-only: They've connected the Room that another organization is paying for. (Their organization will have the icon under its name in the Room's MEMBERS tab.)
The following table outlines the roles and the permissions associated with Room management:
Note, Room Managers only have those permissions in the table below that relate to Rooms of which they are a member.
|Full control/approval of membership and policies||Can propose team members for membership to Room||Can propose team members for membership to Room||Full control/approval of membership and policies|
|Full control/approval of tools/tool configurations.||Can add new tools/tool configurations||Do not control tool configurations but set policies|
|Full control of audit of work||No audit||Access to audit||Full control of audit of work|
|Full control of connections||Can enable/disable the connection option||- Cannot enable/disable the connection option
- Can configure/change connectivity mode (Gateway vs internet-only) when option
|Admin (not Org/Room Manager) can delete audit information||Admin (not Org/Room Manager) can delete audit information|
Note that when referring to the 'connected organization' in a Room, this means either an 'owner+connected' organization or a 'connected-only' organization, depending on the Room configuration. Similarly, when referring to the 'owner organization' in a Room, this means either an 'owner+connected' organization or a 'user+owner' organization.