In an upcoming release, Tehama is introducing two critical capabilities for Tehama Desktops: Domain Join and Custom Images.
Compared to our classic Workspaces offering, Tehama Desktops provide improved performance, fast desktop launch times, the ability to control admin rights at the desktop level, hibernation between sessions, advanced GPU and HPC options, and a more flexible pricing model.
Now, these new capabilities make it easier to create and manage Tehama desktops at scale, with many of the tools your organization already uses to manage your desktop estate.
Domain Join allows you to integrate a Tehama Room with your corporate on-premises Active Directory. This allows users to log into their Tehama desktop using their corporate credentials and maintain their corporate identity inside of a desktop.
As a result, users will inherit key settings assigned to their domain user, such as Group Policy settings that control key user experience or security settings. This enables organizations to apply their existing settings to Tehama users, and centrally manage and update them within their existing tools, with no need to duplicate those settings directly within Tehama.
In addition, this provides better support for software or applications running inside of a desktop that require a user to be identified as a domain user in order to function as intended.
- Domain Join is available only in new Rooms; as this integration needs to be configured during Room creation
- Rooms must use the Tehama Gateway
- Only Tehama Windows Desktops are supported in Rooms with Domain Join.
Custom Images for Tehama Desktops
Tehama now supports custom images for both Tehama Linux and Tehama Windows Desktops.
This allows administrators to configure a single desktop with all the required applications and settings, promote this desktop to an image directly through the user interface, and quickly create new desktops as a clone of the original. This ensures a consistent out-of-the-box experience for every desktop user.
Unlike the classic Workspaces desktops, customers can create Custom Images entirely self-serve in the web interface, with no need to wait for assistance from our technical support team.
Did you know? Custom Images are a great way to set up a large number of desktops in a consistent way, but there are other ways to set up access to applications or enforce key settings that can be more manageable and scalable over time.
- Room Directory: Allows you to set up Group Policy within a Tehama Room, and requires no integration with an existing Active Directory. This is a great way to set up restrictions like limiting USB devices or copy paste, or even configure desktop background images or bookmarks. Group Policy can be updated at any time and can automatically apply to existing desktops as well as new ones, eliminating the need for re-imaging, which can be disruptive to end users.
- Domain Join: Allows you to inherit Group Policy settings from your domain, rather than duplicating them in the Tehama Room Directory.
- App Vault & Tehama DIA (Desktop Intelligence and Automation): The Tehama App Vault allows you to upload application executable files into a Room through the web interface, where they automatically become available for desktop users to install through a mapped drive. When paired with Tehama DIA, you can script the installation of any application, ensuring that users have all the tools they need to do their work but without needing to include the application in an image. This is useful when you need to provide an application or an application update to existing desktops, or simply want to reduce the effort in configuring images.
To learn more about these options, please contact email@example.com.