For troubleshooting purposes, a log file might be requested.
Given your Operating System, below is where the applicable log file can be found:
- Open a File Explorer window, and overwrite the content of the address field as shown below with %tmp%
- This takes you to the temp folder. Please click on Date Modified to have the rows arranged by date in a descending order. An easy way to ensure the rows are modified by date descending is to ensure the arrow highlighted in yellow below is pointing downwards:
- Locate the most recent log files that begins with "tehama-presession...", and "login_info", and share that with us.
- Open a File Explorer window, and overwrite the content of the address field as shown below with %LOCALAPPDATA%\Teradici\PCoIPClient
- This takes you to the Logs folder. Please share the entire Logs folder with us. It could be zipped or you could only send the log files of the applicable date.
The presession log files can be found in the /tmp directory.
To navigate to the directory, click on Go on the Finder Menu bar. Navigate down to 'Go To Folder' and click on it.
Enter /tmp in the dialog box and click on Go or press the Enter key.
Locate the files that begin with "tehama-presession-mac...", and share those files with us.
Navigate to the following location ~/Library/Logs/Teradici/PCoIPClient in the same way as above
While in that directory, you can then share the PCoIP log files you need to share with us.
The log files can be found in the ~/TehamaLogs directory.
If you intend to copy the log file(s) via the user interface, you should run the command nautilus ~/TehamaLogs in your terminal. Once the logs directory comes up, you can copy the log file(s) and share them with us.
If you otherwise intend to copy the log file(s) through the terminal, you should first navigate to the directory by running cd ~/TehamaLogs
Afterwards, you can copy the log file(s) to your desktop (for example) by running the cp command on the terminal: cp <name_of_file> ~/Desktop/<intended_name_of_file>. After copying the log file(s), you can then share the file(s) with us.
Please note, Tehama Client v.2.x.x or older: The log files can be found in the /tmp/Teradici/<user name>/PCoIPClient/logs directory.