When you install the new Tehama client on your Macbook, you are able to enjoy the opportunity to use your peripheral devices with the client thereby getting the most out of your Tehama desktop.
One of the most important peripheral devices you have is your extended keyboard and we will walk through how to use it with your Tehama desktop.
- Open the Desktops page on the Tehama web UI and click on the ‘CONNECT’ button to launch your desktop.
- Instead of waiting for your desktop to be launched by the Tehama desktop client, open up the PCoIPClient application
- Click on “Show Credentials” on the “Launching Your Desktop” modal, copy your credentials and use them to launch your desktop on the PCoIPClient application
- When the desktop is launched, you have to give the PCoIPClient Accessibility permissions in the Mac Security and Privacy settings while you get the request popup
- If you do not get asked to grant permission to the PCoIPClient, open the Mac Security and Privacy settings and go to the Privacy tab
- Scroll down to Accessibility, click on the lock to make changes
- Click on the + sign on the right hand side and search for the PCoIPClient application in the list of applications and select it
- Check the box beside the PCoIPClient and click on the lock symbol
- After finishing with the settings, you can quit the PCoIPClient application and relaunch your desktop normally