Install Tehama Client on Linux
Latest available Tehama Client version for Linux (Ubuntu Linux 18.04): 2.0.0
Latest available Tehama Client version for Linux (Ubuntu Linux 20.04): 2.0.0
Downloaded from: the Tehama Web UI, current release
Supported Linux versions: Ubuntu Linux 18.04 and 20.04
This guide contains the Tehama Client Installation Workflow guide for Linux. Follow the instructions in this guide to install/upgrade a Tehama Client on your Linux device.
There are three steps to installing the Tehama Client on your Linux device.
- "STEP 1: Download the Client"
- "STEP 2: Uninstall any existing versions of the Client you may already have installed"
- "STEP 3: Install the new version of the Client"
Note: These instructions have been tested on and optimized for the Google Chrome browser for the Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 desktop environments. An exception is the Plasma KDE desktop environment; there is a known bug when running Google Chrome browser in this environment that prevents the use of the Tehama Web UI's single-click CONNECT experience. When running these instructions on a Plasma KDE desktop environment, use the Firefox browser.
• download client
- Log in to the Tehama Web UI.
- Go to the DESKTOPS page.
- Click on the INSTALL CLIENT button in the top right of the page. This page provides you with information about the Tehama Client.
- Click on the download link for your device's OS next to the Linux symbol.
- Wait for the tehama-pcoip-client.deb file to be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
• uninstall previous client
You can skip this step if your device has never had an earlier version of the Client installed on it.
It is strongly suggested that you first uninstall the current Client (both the Tehama Client and the Teradici PCoIP Client) from your device, then restart your device before installing the new version.
- Open a terminal.
- In the terminal, remove the Client with the following command:
sudo apt remove tehama-pcoip-client
• install new client
- Open a terminal.
- In the terminal, go to your Downloads folder with the following command:
- In the terminal, install the Client with the following command:
Note: If a process has dpkg locked, the tehama-pcoip-client.deb file will not install. Please ensure all system updates are complete and dpkg is not running. To check if dpkg is running, run the following command in the terminal:
sudo apt install ./tehama-pcoip-client.deb
If dpkg is running, wait for the system updates to complete or kill the process before continuing with your install of tehama-pcoip-client.deb.
ps -ef | grep dpkg
- Wait until you see the Software License Agreement: "Do you Accept? [Y/n]"
- Enter Y/y to accept and continue the installation. (Enter n/N to abort the installation.)
When the installation is complete, you will see a success message.
- Open your browser, if it is not already open.
- Ensure that your browser does not block the Tehama Client pop-up.
When connecting to a Desktop, the Tehama Client is launched through a pop-up in your browser. If you attempt to connect to your Desktop using a browser that does not allow the Tehama Client pop-up, then the browser will block the Tehama Client pop-up, and it will not be able to launch. Go into the settings for your chosen browser and make sure that the browser from which you intend to connect to your Desktop allows this pop-up from https://<your-org-subdomain>.tehama.io:443. (Each browser configures pop-up controls differently. Query your browser's help to determine the correct procedure.)
NOTE: In some browsers, it is obvious when a pop-up is being blocked. In others, it is less obvious. For example:
- In Firefox, a banner will appear at the top of the page stating that Firefox prevented the site from opening the pop-up. Click on the "Options" button on the banner to view your pop-up options.
- In Google Chrome, the indication that a pop-up is being blocked is a small icon with a red X that appears in the browser's address bar. Click on that icon to allow pop-ups.
- Log in to the Tehama Web UI, if you are not already logged in.
- Navigate to the DESKTOPS page. (From the TEHAMA CLIENT page, just click CLOSE X.)
- Locate your Tehama Desktop in the list of desktops.
- Try to connect to your desktop with one-click by clicking on the CONNECT button.
- Now your Desktop should launch.