Install Tehama Client on Linux
Latest available Tehama Client version for Linux (Ubuntu Linux 18.04): 2.4.0
Latest available Tehama Client version for Linux (Ubuntu Linux 20.04): 2.4.0
Downloaded from: the Tehama Web UI, current release
Supported Linux versions: Ubuntu Linux 18.04 and 20.04
This guide contains the Tehama Client Installation Workflow guide for Linux. Follow the instructions in this guide to install/upgrade a Tehama Client on your Linux device.
There are three steps to installing the Tehama Client on your Linux device.
- "STEP 1: Download the Client"
- "STEP 2: Uninstall any existing versions of the Client you may already have installed"
- "STEP 3: Install the new version of the Client"
Note: These instructions have been tested on and optimized for the Google Chrome browser for the Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 desktop environments. An exception is the Plasma KDE desktop environment; there is a known bug when running Google Chrome browser in this environment that prevents the use of the Tehama Web UI's single-click CONNECT experience. When running these instructions on a Plasma KDE desktop environment, use the Firefox browser.
- Log in to the Tehama Web UI.
- Go to the DESKTOPS page.
- Click on the INSTALL CLIENT button in the top right of the page. This page provides you with information about the Tehama Client.
- Click on the download link for your device's OS version (18 or 20) next to the Linux symbol.
- Wait for the tehama_pcoip_client_ubuntu<version>.deb file to be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
uninstall previous client
You can skip this step if your device has never had an earlier version of the Client installed on it.
It is strongly suggested that you first uninstall the current Client (both the Tehama Client and the Teradici PCoIP Client) from your device, then restart your device before installing the new version.
- Open a terminal.
- In the terminal, remove the Client with the following command:
sudo apt remove tehama_pcoip_client_ubuntu<version>
install new client
- Open a terminal.
- In the terminal, go to your Downloads folder with the following command:
- In the terminal, install the Client with the following command:
Note: If a process has dpkg locked, the tehama_pcoip_client_ubuntu<version>.deb file will not install. Please ensure all system updates are complete and dpkg is not running. To check if dpkg is running, run the following command in the terminal:
sudo apt install ./tehama_pcoip_client_ubuntu<version>.deb
If dpkg is running, wait for the system updates to complete or kill the process before continuing with your install of tehama_pcoip_client_ubuntu<version>.deb.
ps -ef | grep dpkg
- Wait until you see the Software License Agreement: "Do you Accept? [Y/n]"
- Enter Y/y to accept and continue the installation. (Enter n/N to abort the installation.)
When the installation is complete, you will see a success message.
- Open your browser, if it is not already open.
- Log in to the Tehama Web UI, if you are not already logged in.
- Navigate to the DESKTOPS page. (From the TEHAMA CLIENT page, just click CLOSE X.)
- Locate your Tehama Desktop in the list of desktops.
- Try to connect to your desktop with one-click by clicking on the CONNECT button.
- After your desktop has finished preparing, a message will appear, asking you if you want to "Open xdg-open?".
- Click on "Open xdg-open".
- Now your Desktop should launch.